Judge: Cheryl Moskowitz
The competition helps us to continue to provide our free and much acclaimed international poetry showcase at the Poetry Space website. This now gets over 2000 visitors each month and well over a 100 submissions. My co-editor Azadeh does a fantastic job in selecting the poems that go on here. She pairs them up with lovely images from great photographers and artists.
The competition also helps us to back poets who we feel deserve wider recognition like Philip Lyons and David R. Morgan who have had collections published this year with us.
£100 - First Prize, £50 second Prize, £25 third prize plus publication in the Competition anthology for the three major prize winners and up to 23 commended poets. All poets who subsequently appear in the anthology will get a free copy of the anthology.
Here are the rules for entering - not too many as I'm not keen on rules:
- Poems of up to 40 lines will be accepted from anywhere in the world.
- All poems will be judged anonymously and our judge will read up to 150 poems. If we get more entries than this a short list will be drawn up by an editorial panel.
- Entry fee per poem £5. Enter as many as you wish with sufficient payment please.
- Open to all over 16 when the competition ends on June 30th.
- Poems must be previously unpublished and must not be in the process of being considered in any competition or by any editor - this includes printed and online publication.
- No entry form required. If entering by e-mail just send name, address, telephone number and e-mail address and title of your poem as a word document and your poem as another word document. Don't put your name with the poem. Send to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries by post to: Poetry Space Ltd, 21 Davis Close, Barrs Court Bristol BS30 7BU
- Pay by Paypal at Poetry Space Competition from November 1st onwards. Closing date June 30th midnight.